[AUCTeX-devel] Real key-val query for \includegraphics

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Real key-val query for \includegraphics
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 12:56:12 +0200

Hi all,

I would like to suggest a bigger change to graphicx.el in order to add
real key-val query in the optional argument of \includegraphics.  This
style has a sort of pseudo key-val and I think it should be fixed.
Please find attached a first draft for discussion.  WDYT?  I have to
think about the variables in tex-style.el as well.

I also have a question: How can I figure out which engine/binary is
ultimaltely used when compiling a document?  I would like to address the
graphics file extension, if possible -- it seems to be like this:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{hyperref,graphicx}

\begin{document}

\section*{dvips}

\url{https://github.com/latex3/graphics-def/blob/master/dvips.def#L178}
\begin{verbatim}
address@hidden,.ps,.eps.gz,.ps.gz,.eps.Z,.mps}
\end{verbatim}

\section*{pdfTeX}

\url{https://github.com/latex3/graphics-def/blob/master/pdftex.def#L1575}
\begin{verbatim}
address@hidden
  .png,.pdf,.jpg,.mps,.jpeg,.jbig2,.jb2,%
  .PNG,.PDF,.JPG,.JPEG,.JBIG2,.JB2}%
\end{verbatim}

\section*{luaTeX}

\url{https://github.com/latex3/graphics-def/blob/master/luatex.def#L1006}
\begin{verbatim}
address@hidden
  .png,.pdf,.jpg,.mps,.jpeg,.jbig2,.jb2,%
  .PNG,.PDF,.JPG,.JPEG,.JBIG2,.JB2}%
\end{verbatim}

\section*{dvipdfmx}

\url{https://github.com/latex3/graphics-def/blob/master/dvipdfmx.def#L376}
\begin{verbatim}
address@hidden order here is like xetex.def, except for PS
  .pdf,.PDF,.ai,.AI,%
  .png,.PNG,.jpg,.JPG,.jpeg,.JPEG,.jp2,.JP2,.jpf,.JPF,.bmp,.BMP,%
  .ps,.PS,.eps,.EPS,.mps,.MPS,%
  .pz,.eps.Z,.ps.Z,.ps.gz,.eps.gz}
\end{verbatim}

\section*{XeTeX}

\url{https://github.com/latex3/graphics-def/blob/master/xetex.def#L591}
\begin{verbatim}
address@hidden order here is like dvipdfmx.def, except for PS
  .pdf,.PDF,.eps,.EPS,.mps,.MPS,.ps,.PS,%
  .png,.PNG,.jpg,.JPG,.jpeg,.JPEG,.jp2,.JP2,.jpf,.JPF,.bmp,.BMP,%
  .pict,.PICT,.psd,.PSD,.mac,.MAC,.TGA,.tga,%
  .gif,.GIF,.tif,.TIF,.tiff,.TIFF,%
}
\end{verbatim}

or?