Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Real key-val query for \includegraphics

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Real key-val query for \includegraphics
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 14:06:53 +0200

Hi Mosè,

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

>>> The relevant variables should be `TeX-engine', `TeX-PDF-mode',
>>> `TeX-PDF-from-DVI', `TeX-DVI-via-PDFTeX'.
>>
>> Thank you, `TeX-engine', `TeX-PDF-mode' do the job, I think.
>
> I don't think they suffice: if `TeX-PDF-from-DVI' function (remember
> to use the function in place of the variable) returns non nil, the
> engine used is tex, not pdftex.  The converse happens with
> `TeX-DVI-via-PDFTeX' non-nil.

Thanks for your advice.  I went through `TeX-expand-list-builtin' and I
hope this time I have it right.  Please find attached the current diff.
I've also patched graphics.el in order to ask for package options when
loaded.  The macros in graphicx.el are guraded to do the right thing
when loaded through graphics.el (it should be the way around, but moving
everything into graphics.el is not an option).  WDYT?  If ok for you, I
would check the code one last time, update the news section in the
manual and submit this patch.

Best, Arash