Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Real key-val query for \includegraphics

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Real key-val query for \includegraphics
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 03:04:34 +0200

Hi Arash,

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to suggest a bigger change to graphicx.el in order to add
> real key-val query in the optional argument of \includegraphics.  This
> style has a sort of pseudo key-val and I think it should be fixed.
> Please find attached a first draft for discussion.  WDYT?

1 file changed, 86 insertions(+), 197 deletions(-) is very appealing
;-)  However, even if they were baked in a hackish way (they key-val
list is certainly easier to read and maintain), this patch is going to
remove some completion features for the optional argument of
\includegraphics, isn't it?

> I also have a question: How can I figure out which engine/binary is
> ultimaltely used when compiling a document?  I would like to address the

The relevant variables should be `TeX-engine', `TeX-PDF-mode',
`TeX-PDF-from-DVI', `TeX-DVI-via-PDFTeX'.