Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Extending `LaTeX-array-count-columns'

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Extending `LaTeX-array-count-columns'
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 15:52:51 +0100

Hi Mosè,

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

>> 2 thing occurred to me when hitting `M-RET' in tabular environments:
>> Current code in `LaTeX-array-count-columns' cannot handle multi column
>> specs like `*{num}{spec}' and optional args to column specs S and s from
>> siunitx.el.  I have a patch to handle both issues.  Can people please
>> test this code against their tabular's and see if it does the right
>> thing?  My test file is:
>>
>> [...]

> I briefly tested the file, and seems to work nicely, thanks for your work!
>
> As usual, I strongly suggest you to add the appropriate tests for the
> new feature.

Thanks for testing!  I can take the file I posted with some other
environments and add it as `tabular-ampersand-count.tex' under
auctex.git/tests/latex.  Is this what you have in mind?  I can't see how
to insert the test into `latex-test.el'.  Any hints?

I have to patch longtable.el and siunitx.el before.

Best, Arash