Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Next release?

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Next release?
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 18:58:34 +0100

Hi Arash,

> Hi Mosè,
>
> Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Hi developers,
>>>
>>> some time and many commits have passed since AUCTeX 11.89... are there
>>> any plans about releasing 11.90?
>>
>> There are currently no plans, but we can do it soonish.
>>
>> Is there anything that someone would like to complete before new
>> release (like pending patches)?  Tassilo, Arash?
>
> I've just pushed my pending patches to git.  One thing still open is my
> suggestion here:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex-devel/2016-10/msg00004.html
>
> There was no response to it, so I assume it was ok :-)  I'm not sure if
> it still applies cleanly to Emacs.  If you (and others) think it is ok,
> I would prepare a new patch and ping Tassilo.

I may have missed this one.  Looks good (and very useful! thank you)
on RefTeX's side.  Regarding AUCTeX, can you confirm that there is no
error if the user doesn't have an up-to-date version of RefTeX?  I
tried your patch with Emacs 25.1 (so there is no `biblatex' entry in
`reftex-cite-format') and it seems to work flawless.

> While we're at it, do we want to review our compat policy?

I think this should be discussed after the release of AUCTeX 11.90.
For the time being we can keep it as it is.