Re: Use of lexical binding plus various other things

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Use of lexical binding plus various other things
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 14:05:55 -0400

> Oh, I wasn't aware of that! Thank you.
>
> By the way again, here are two very minor issues about your update to
> font-latex.el:
> 1. The doc string of `font-latex-keywords-1' was formerly
> "Subdued level highlighting for LaTeX modes."
> , but is now
> "High level highlighting for LaTeX modes."
> , the same as `font-latex-keywords-2'. I think this is just an
> unintentional mix-up.

Good catch, thanks.  Fixed.

> 2. Now font-locking functions for the default keywords are defined at
> compile time, not load time. Speaking very strictly, this makes
> difference if the user alters the value of
> `font-latex-built-in-keyword-classes' before loading font-latex.elc.

Indeed.  I assumed this is not something that was supported, since there
doesn't seem to be an easy way for the users to *modify* the var (they
could set it to their own choice of value before loading the file, but
then they don't get to benefit from improvements in newer versions).

        Stefan