Re: amsart: shh I forgot to correct the fortification of one command sor

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: amsart: shh I forgot to correct the fortification of one command sorry
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 15:38:59 +0200

> Hi Uwe,
> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Thanks for the changeset.  I have some comments below:

> Is this really what you get when you hit 'C-x 4 a'?

Yes and no, here is my workflow.

    1. I edit something in say amsart.el

    2. I run 'C-x 4 a' adding whatever is needed. In order to comply the
conventions I have
(defun auctex-fill-set ()
  "Set the fill column to auxtex preset values `74'."
  (interactive)
  (set-fill-column 74))
(add-hook 'change-log-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

    1. I run vc-dir and commit. That pops up a buffer in log-edit mode,
       well actually  in vc-hg-log-edit-mode.

    2. However, I sometimes have a couple of commits, so in order to
       generate a patch I have to rebase (collapse (hg speech)). Then
       emacs pops up for the commit message and there emacs is in text
       mode not in vc-hg-log-edit-mode, maybe this is the problem I have
       to chekck in the future

> In general, would be possible to put a little more effort in this style
> and adjust it amsart.cls?  I've never used it and I don't see a
> dedicated manual for it, but I can do:

Well there is one in CTAN, and it is quite large 😉. I usually use
article mode together with amsmath, amsthm etc and only switch to amsart
when I submit/upload, so  I am not an experienced amsart user,
but maybe I will be in the future and that is why I thought of a more
gradual approach, mind you that amsart.el dwelled in auctex for years
without any progress 😇

> \documentclass[8pt]{amsart}

> \begin{document}

> \part{This is a Part title}
> \label{part:this-part-title}

> Some Text

> \section{This is a section title}
> \label{sec:this-section-title}

> Some Text

> \specialsection{This is a Special Section title}
> \label{sec:this-special-section}

> Some Text

> \subsection{This is a Subsection title}
> \label{sec:this-subs-title}

> Some Text
> \end{document}

> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: latex
> %%% TeX-master: t
> %%% End:

> and it compiles fine.  So the missing stuff are the class options and
> teaching AUCTeX and RefTeX about \specialsection (and other stuff than I
> don't know).

> How about this:

>        '("author" ["Short author(s)"] (LaTeX-arg-author "Long author(s)"))

> This is at least what styles like mn2e.el do.

> I think it makes sense to declare this as a verbatim macro (see below.)

> This is already available in latex.el, so it can be removed here.

> I think it makes sense to declare this as a verbatim macro, we insert:

> (add-to-list 'LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces-local "email")
> (add-to-list 'LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces-local "urladdr")

>                                    ("email" "")
> Remove the brace since is done by syntactic fontification.

> Already in font-latex.el

>                                    ("urladdr" ""))
> Remove the brace since is done by syntactic fontification.
>
>                                  'textual

> is the keywords-class used elsewhere in AUCTeX.

> And finally add

>     (font-latex-set-syntactic-keywords)

> in the (when (and (featurep 'font-latex) ... block.

Ok I will try that later.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.