[avrdude-dev] Re: program error?

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: program error?
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:27:58 +1200

> Could this perhaps be a marginal timing issue? The Windows code
> doesn't go through the ioctl stuff and may execute slightly faster.
> I'm not as knowledgeable about programming and any potential timing
> issues.

One other thing, my PC has dual 466 Celeron CPU 's. This may also introduces
additional timing variation that may not exist on other systems. My
experience with developing Java at work on these boxes is it usually shows
up in threading concurrency issues but I could try and configure it only use
one CPU.

Would this be variations in timing delays in the code or the few timing
parameters in the config files?

Maybe I need to get my hands dirty and try and get a working development
environment for this going and get into the code and try treaking some
timing to see if that helps.

So far I have found the instructions in the docs that say how to rebuild
with Cygwin. Is this all I need or is there more to it than that?

Does the version of Cygwin matter? What are you guys using?

Alternatively it might be easier for one of you guys to add some extra
command line options or environment variables and ship me a new binary, to
allow me to specify different delay factors at runtime to try different time
delays.

Alex