Re[2]: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 Programming speed

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re[2]: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 Programming speed
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:25:54 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Bertolt Mildner wrote:

:) TAR> Without auto incr, avrdude sends 3 extra bytes (cmd + hi + lo bytes).
:)
:) OK, sounds like a starting point. But can that really triple the
:) programming time?

Well, it should reduce the overhead from sending 5 bytes to 2 bytes
when programming a byte. That will help, but we'll have to see where
else to trim some fat.

:)
:) TAR> Could you send me a 2.3 firmware if you have it? I didn't have any
:) TAR> luck with google.
:)
:) It can be downloaded here: http://www.avr1.org/pavr/software.html

Thanks. I'll try to look into this more soon. (I've been swamped with
patches for a bunch of projects this week, plus the day job, plus ...)

Ted Roth