[avrdude-dev] Avrdude - avr910 hardware & ATMega8535

From: apeter
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude - avr910 hardware & ATMega8535
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:31:37 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I'm looking for a possibility to use my good old AVR910 serial interfaces
with the new AT megas, specially the ATmega8535 and the ATmega32. Unfortunatly
the mega8535 is not supported by the avrprog 1.37 from atmel :-(

So I updated my avrGcc to WinAVR and discovered avrdude :-)

But I cannot establish a connection between my hardware (with a standard
AT90S8535) and my Windows PC (Windows2000) over the serial AVR910 interface.

Can anybody give me an example command line to test the link (e.g. reading
the signature bytes of the controller or writing the flash to a file)?

Do I have to modify my AT90S1200 controller on the AVR910?

How do I specifiy Com1 or Com2?

Any other hints? Any other idea how to modify my AVR910s for use with the
new megas?

Alexander