Re: Release? (was: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude - avr910 hardware & ATMega8

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: Release? (was: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude - avr910 hardware & ATMega8535)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:27:21 -0600

On 17 Apr 2003 at 13:19, Brian Dean wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 09:58:28AM -0600, E. Weddington wrote:
>
> > Actually there's one minor issue that needs to be resolved before a
> > release. If we can fix this, I have no problems with another release
> > as long as Ted is OK with his AVR910 stuff.
>
> Sounds fine to me (pony -> pony-stk200).  Also, looks like Ted is Ok
> with the AVR910 work.  I don't have any major issues to resolve before
> the release, though I recall one minor problem that has to do with the
> "per-user" config file.  On Windows, I don't think the filename gets
> pre-initialized to empty, so there are cases when it comes back as
> garbage.  I'll move the initialization of that filename above the
> '#ifdef windows' section (in main() if I recall) so that it can take
> advantage of that, unless someone else beats me to that.

Beat you to it. I fixed that for Windows several days ago. I
should've inited the string anyways. IIRC, the issue was Windows-
only.

> If folks are OK with everything we can tag the tree then or when
> everyone is ready.  I'll want to do a few test builds on FreeBSD as
> I'm sure others will in Linux and Windows and check things out.  I
> think we could do this as early as tonight if you wish it.
>
> This is probably a pretty good time since the config file has been
> updated with several common parts and Ted's AVR910 support should help
> out a lot of folks.

I'll go ahead and change the pony name in the config file.

There's a "TBD" in the NEWS file; what version will this be?

Also double check to see if there's anything to be put in the NEWS.

Eric