Release? (was: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude - avr910 hardware & ATMega8535)

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Release? (was: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude - avr910 hardware & ATMega8535)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:58:28 -0600

On 17 Apr 2003 at 10:21, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> As Brian Dean wrote:
>
> > Eric, if you think it's worthwhile, I have no objection to tagging
> > another release, as long as no one else does.  I think there are
> > quite a few people with AVR910 hardware, and if Ted is comfortable
> > with the code enough to let it out the gates, that'd be fine by me.
>
> IMHO, the addition of the AVR910 interface (supposed the code is
> considered to be stable already) is worth the while to call it a new
> release.
>
> Just my EUR 0.02, not having contributed anything to avrdude lately...

Actually there's one minor issue that needs to be resolved before a
release. If we can fix this, I have no problems with another release
as long as Ted is OK with his AVR910 stuff.

Issue:
The "pony" definition in the config file is not quite accurate. If
you take a look at their website: <http://www.lancos.com/prog.html>

You'll see that PonyProg is the *software* that interfaces *several*
different kinds of hardware. One hardware device is the stk200. The
"pony" definition in the config file is the same as the stk200 with
the addition of the led line.

So the "pony" name is not very helpful or descriptive. In talking
about this problem to Dan Williamson (who IIRC contributed the
definition) he suggested IMHO a good name "pony-stk200".

Opinions?

Eric