[avrdude-dev] [RFC] Enable warnings and make them errors.

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [RFC] Enable warnings and make them errors.
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:25:39 -0700 (PDT)

This patch causes avrdude to be compiled with "-Wall -Werror" if gcc is
being used.

Eric asked for this.

I'd commit it as obvious, but I vaguely remember that there are some
warnings that pop up when compiling the lex/yacc files generated by byacc.
That would break the build on FreeBSD I think.

Just tested with byacc (instead of bison) on my RH-9 box, and compiles
without warnings. For what that's worth...

address@hidden ~]$ rpm -q byacc
byacc-1.9-25

address@hidden ~]$ bison --version
bison (GNU Bison) 1.35