Re: [avrdude-dev] ATtiny2313 and pony-stk200 problems?

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ATtiny2313 and pony-stk200 problems?
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:08:52 -0400

mega48.  I ended up patching avrdude to allow the stk500 spi clock to be
set to a lower speed.

And that patch is still in the patch manager here:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=3136>

par.c
/*
 * transmit and receive a byte of data to/from the AVR device
 */
... /*
     * Due to the delay introduced by "IN" and "OUT"-commands,
     * T is greater than 1us (more like 2us) on x86-architectures.
     * So programming works safely down to 1MHz target clock.
    */

That 1 MHz is probably the problem.  So I need to move the Galen's
stk500 patch into par.c to get it down to 250 kHz as well, it would
seem?  The patch indicates it is "STK500 only", so it needs updated to
not be STK500 specific also.