Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: About avrdude-gui

From: J. Lachmann
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: About avrdude-gui
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:48:49 +0200

Joerg Wunsch schrieb:
> As Bernhard Walle wrote:
>

>>I would prefer Gtk (or the C++ binding). It should be available on
>>_every_ Linux or *BSD system as shared library so size does not
>>matter because it's a shared library.
>

> What about MacOS?  I can't find any statement it would run there.
> (fltk does.)
>
> Also, it's kinda fat, and IIRC, Jörg argument was that it's missing a
> decent interface builder.  But I hope he could say something himself
> here.

I can imagine only what is the discussion about here. Therefore sorry
for some dispensable remarks.

First I decided to develop the GUI using wxWindows because of the free
availability on ?NIX, Windows and MacOS. And the 2nd absolutely
important point: There is a GUI builder, because I'm to lazy to write
every code by myself and measure every position of each GUI-control.

After a discussion with Jörg for the possibility of integration from
avrdude and avrdude-gui we considered the using of a different graphic
library. My recommendation was FLTK because of it is very small,
available on many systems and (I believe) easy to handle. But I've no
experience with this library at this time.

But btw. it could be equal for every user which library is used for his
tool.

--
Best regards
Joerg