[avrdude-dev] Re: About avrdude-gui

From: Bernhard Walle
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: About avrdude-gui
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 13:10:19 +0200

* Joerg Wunsch [29.10.2005 00:03]:

> Jörg mentioned that he'd take this occasion to rewrite the GUI using
> yet another toolkit from scratch, this times using fltk (see
> http://www.fltk.org/ ) as it appears fltk is comparably small.

Well, my personal opinion:

Fltk looks ugly and isn't available on each Linux/*BSD system as shared
library (the only program that uses it which comes in mind is htmldoc),
so it adds dependencies.

I would prefer Gtk (or the C++ binding). It should be available on
_every_ Linux or *BSD system as shared library so size does not matter
because it's a shared library.

But Jörg must decide this himself since he must write the code. :)

But the integration is good, I think.

Regards,
  Bernhard