Re: [avrdude-dev] About avrdude-gui

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] About avrdude-gui
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:51:34 +0200

As Eric Weddington wrote:

> I'm ok with it, but I want to make sure that that previous version's
> bugs will get worked out.

I'm not too familiar with all the problems of the old version, but I
think most of the issues were things that actually resulted from
having to call avrdude as an external program.

> I think it would be great if it could offer comparable GUI
> functionality as the STK500 plugin in AVR Studio.

That's one option, and not an unlikely one. :)

> Another desired feature would be if it could have a window showing
> the resulting avrdude command line where a user could highlight the
> command line, copy and paste it into a script/batch file for process
> automation.

That's not so likely to happen, if you think about it.  (It's the way
it works now, btw.)  As the main advantage will be there's no external
command call anymore, it won't be that easy to synthesize a possible
command for the current action all the time.

If you're interested, perhaps we can arrange for a meeting with
Jörg while you're going to be here.