Re: [avrdude-dev] About avrdude-gui

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] About avrdude-gui
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:06:05 -0600

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

That's not so likely to happen, if you think about it.  (It's the way
it works now, btw.)

Yeah, I thought I remembered correctly.

As the main advantage will be there's no external
command call anymore, it won't be that easy to synthesize a possible
command for the current action all the time.

The counter-argument is that while it is easy for an engineer to set up programming using a GUI, there are a number of people that then want to automate that process for technicians in manufacturing and they don't want the techs to use a GUI and get things wrong; they would rather automate the process. What better way then to set it up with a GUI and then have a ready made command-line that can be dumped into a script.

If you're interested, perhaps we can arrange for a meeting with
Jörg while you're going to be here.

Sure, I'm open to it, though we'll have to consider timing as I'm not there for long.

--
Eric Weddington