Re: [avrdude-dev] STK500_devcodes

From: eweddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] STK500_devcodes
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:50:00 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff <address@hidden>
Date: Saturday, March 18, 2006 12:42 pm
Subject: [avrdude-dev] STK500_devcodes

> Brian wrote:
> Does anyone have the STK500_devcode and AVR910_devcodes and other
> relevant parameters that are not printed in the datasheets for
> ATmega2560, ATmega2561 MCUs?  I'd like to add support for these in the
> config file.  I think these are supplied in XML files from an AVR
> Studioinstall.  Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows machine where
> I can get
> at them.
>

> I have AVR Studio, a STK503 and several samples of the ATMEGA2560
> and I
> want to use WinAVR/Avrdude to develop and program my application.

Unfortunately, that won't happen soon. The Open Source toolset does not
yet have support for the ATmega256x parts, and there is not a time frame
for when there will be support for these devices.

> I would love to help you with what you need, but I'm not sure where to
> find them.

It's not hard to find them; they are .xml files somewhere in the AVR
Studio installation tree.

Eric Weddington