Re: [avrdude-dev] STK500_devcodes

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] STK500_devcodes
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:48:23 -0500

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 09:09:29PM +0100, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> I've already sent them to Brian.

Sorry I haven't responded back sooner - I've been unexpectedly out of
town.

Joerg, I checked the XML files (thank you!) and while there are a
whole slew of parms in there, the STK500 device code parameter eludes
me.  Similarly with AVR910 (not even sure that is applicable).  I
guess this is the first time I've really examined the Atmel XML file
content and I thought it would be more obvious.  Do you know which
parameter is our stk500_devcode?

Regarding support of these chips, I know it will probably be a while
before GCC and the other tools support them, but there's no reason we
can't go ahead and get the support into AVRDUDE.  There are folks who
use AVRDUDE with other tools which have '256* support, and it will
help them.

Thanks,
-Brian
--