Re: [avrdude-dev] JTAGICEII on CAN128

From: Odd Arild Olsen
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] JTAGICEII on CAN128
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 00:36:39 +0200

I must say that I have had only good experiences with Avrdude hitherto, and am
very happy that I can use the Jtagice under Linux.

Well, about my CAN128 mishap:

All went fine for, say 25, programming cycles. Then I observed that the
processor was not reset after programming, I had to do that manually to get
the program going. Then after yet another dozens of programmings I had no
more access to the chip. Avrdude suggests that the JTAG fuse is not enabled.
The program ran though. Till now I programmed under Linux, Avrdude version
5.0. I then tried to get contact using Avr studio unde Windows, but with no
success.

I cut out the chip and soldered in a new one. The first or second time I
programmed I got the same problem with the new chip.

Now I cut out the chip again and soldered a Mega128 in its place. I have now
programmed under Linux with the same setup  several dozen times without any
problem.

I'm afraid I can't supply more details to help you, althouhg I quite
understand your problem with finding such spurious errors.

Regards

OAO