Re: [avrdude-dev] JTAGICEII on CAN128

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] JTAGICEII on CAN128
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:44:33 -0400

Hello,

Did some more testing, using my MK-II and AVRStudio.

The JTAG interface did not work at first. However when I told AVRStudio to use
the external reset pin to hold the device in reset, it worked fine.

Do you accidently set the JTD bit in the MCUCR? That would disable the JTAG
and explain the behaviour you are seeing...

I'm not sure if avrdude can use the external reset line to do the same thing
AVRStudio does, I haven't played around with avrdude's JTAG programming much.

 Regards,

  -Colin