Re: [avrdude-dev] avrftdi TPI support

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrftdi TPI support
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 22:18:36 +0200

As Hannes Weisbach wrote:

> > The usbasp.c patch doesn't work: USBasp doesn't have a cmd_tpi, so
> > when avr_tpi_program_enable() calls pgm->cmd_tpi(), it segfaults.
> > I don't understand enough of the USBasp TPI implementation to get an
> > idea how to establish a cmd_tpi method there.

> I have whipped up a cmd_tpi() function and attached a patch against
> SVN trunk - maybe it works ;)

Yes, that seems to work.  I can use the USBasp with that.

I've also been able to test your original bitbang patch with my "bsd"
programmer (Brian S. Dean's original parallel-port bitbang dongle).
Works fine as well.

No idea why my "ponyser" dongle currently doesn't want to handle TPI
at all (even though ISP works), but I wouldn't care too much for that.

I'd say, go ahead and commit them.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/