Re: [avrdude-dev] avrftdi TPI support

From: Hannes Weisbach
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrftdi TPI support
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 20:10:18 +0200

> Hehe, just look at the attached photos, it's really simple to build
> these. :-)
I don't have all the parts I need for the USBasp. But ftdi_syncbb also uses
bitbang as backend, right? So I can test that with an FT232R.

> The usbasp.c patch doesn't work: USBasp doesn't have a cmd_tpi, so
> when avr_tpi_program_enable() calls pgm->cmd_tpi(), it segfaults.
> I don't understand enough of the USBasp TPI implementation to get an
> idea how to establish a cmd_tpi method there.
Urgs. I read usbasp_tpi_cmd() and though I was ready to go. On a second look,
this is just an empty (except error message) function.
I have whipped up a cmd_tpi() function and attached a patch against SVN trunk -
maybe it works ;)

Best regards,
Hannes