Re: [avrdude-dev] Atmega48

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Atmega48
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 08:05:55 +0100

As Dariusz wrote:

> avrdude -p m48p -c usbasp -F
>
> avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
> avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
> avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
> avrdude: Device signature = 0x88d692

Seems like your USBasp's default ISP clock is too fast.  A
new device requires an ISP clock less than 250 kHz, as its
default CPU clock is 1 MHz.

Try option -B10, resulting in approximately 100 kHz.  (I think
USBasp now accepts the -B option.)
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/