ayttm-users

Re: [Ayttm-users] how to use ayttm as a link between users and a program

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-users] how to use ayttm as a link between users and a program
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:39:50 +0100

On 18 Feb 2003 at 01h26, Rahul Saxena wrote:

> hello there,

Hi,

> Is is possible to use ayttm for sending text to various users on say
> msn.

it is :) but what you want to do isn't really done yet - we are at the
beginning of separating GUI from core.

> i guess the program could execute a ayttm -c user -m msg.
> but is there a better ?

Not yet. This method has the big drawback of needing an X interface - too
bad, on a server.

> could somone tell me which part of ayttm could i link to my program ?

modules/*
if it is msn that you want to use, have a look at
modules/msn2/libmsn2/msn_interface.C which has a simple text interface to
MSN.

> P.S. pls CC a reply to address@hidden ,  i am not on the
> list..

Done, but it would be nice that you subscribe (even with delivery off if
you don't care ;-)) because it'd avoid me to have to moderate mails ;-)

Cheers,
--
Colin
http://www.colino.net/