ayttm-users

Re: [Ayttm-users] ayttm window resizes automatically

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-users] ayttm window resizes automatically
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 23:30:39 +0100

On 08 Mar 2003 at 23h49, Rahul Saxena wrote:

Hi,
> Ayttm window automatically resizes to accomodate the length of a
> nickname on MSN. I dont know if other people have experienced this, but
> its quite irritating, especially if you have friends whos nicknames (
> friendsly names ) *are*  sentences.

You may set the hidden do_noautoresize pref to 1. Your main window won't
change size unless you tell it to, and longer contacts will get cut.

> It ofcourse does not happen if i change the Account name to a shorter >
> one, but then as we show the actualy friendly names, maybe we can have >
> horizontal scroll on the main window.

Horizonatl scroll may not be a good idea since you wouldn't see your other
contacts status ("(Busy)" "(Away)" and so on) without scrolling.

I wonder if do_noautoresize (who named this pref... double negative ;-))
shouldn't be set by default to 1 and a little thing in the code to
truncate and add "..." to longer contact names, though.

Cheers,
--
Colin
http://dudusdl.sf.net/ : a free Puzzle Bubble clone