bbdb-user

Re: problem after upgrading

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: problem after upgrading
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 17:16:40 -0500

On Mon Aug 5 2019 Brent Busby wrote:
> I'm on GNU Emacs 26.2, and I recently did a melpa package update which
> upgraded my BBDB from 20151114.1541 to 20190609.316.
>
> Now whenever I open an email in Gnus, it loads the message but I get the
> error: "invalid function: bbdb-pushnew" in the minibuffer.

The macro bbdb-pushnew was introduced in bbdb.el on 2016-07-20,
that is, more recently than your old version of BBDB.

Could it be that you are somehow using an old version of the file
bbdb.el(c) which is than incompatible with other parts of BBDB?
Are you using a compiled BBDB? - Make sure that you have loaded the
current bbdb.el(c) and your problem should go away.