bbdb-user

Re: Add integration to gnus-search library, if present

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: Add integration to gnus-search library, if present
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 15:42:38 -0600

On Wed Nov 11 2020 Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
> Okay, here's a complete and tested patch. You can try it out by applying
> the patch and then evaluating the below, which is a simple emulation of
> how an external package might make use of this completion table.

Thanks!  Do I understand correctly that the new dynamic completion table
has really nothing specific regarding completion-at-point, but it
can possibly likewise be used in any other context when minibuffer
completion based on BBDB is desired?  Then, I suggest to give it a
more generic name such as

  bbdb-dynamic-completion-table  instead of  bbdb-completion-at-point-table

and

  bbdb-dynamic-completion  instead of  bbdb-completion-at-point

Also, bbdb-dynamic-completion-table should get a docstring,
explaining that this completion table can be customized by (let-)
binding bbdb-completion-list.  (The docstring of
bbdb-completion-list needs to be updated, too!)