Re: [linuxiran] My growing interest in Apple

From: Arash Zeini
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] My growing interest in Apple
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:56:35 +0430

On Monday 21 April 2003 12:38, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:

{snip}

> > But in order for FSF to accept changes and make Apple's improvments and
> > patches back into the main trunk, FSF states that if you want your
> > software to go in our trunk, you should give up your ownership, and
> > make FSF the copyright holder. Something that many people don't like,
> > and many big companies like apple can't accept.
>
> I really can't understand what RMS intend of this?!

The logic behind this, according to FSF, is that Free software and open source
projects may loose maintainers and people interested in them, but FSF will
not disappear and in long run can take care of the interests of the projects
and the original developer.... as a legal body.

But some people seem to disagree with this logic and mention that power might
be the real reason!

Arash