[linuxiran] SCO Protest, and SCO's Anti-Protest

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: [linuxiran] SCO Protest, and SCO's Anti-Protest
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:38:55 +0300

Hi there:

And The SCO thing continues:

On Friday, June 20, the Provo Linux Users Group decided to head on over
to SCO's offices and hold a protest. About 100 Linux users gatherd at
SCO's headquarters, in Lindon Utah, and hold a demonstration against
SCO' $3 Billion Lawsuit againts IBM, and SCO's words toward the Linux
community.

Interestingly, SCO employes came out and joined the event holding
pre-prepared signs and posters saying things like:

* "Give Communism A Try - Use Linux"

*   "Legalize Stupidity - Smoke Linux"

* "Who's Down With IPOP - Other People's Intellectual Property"
(with Tux saying "I'm Down I'm Down")

* "My Son Stole Code & Republished It
(and all I got was this lousy t-shirt)"

* "I Don't Pay For Music - I Don't Pay For My O.S. Either - So Sue Me"

* "Software Stealing Is Not A Crime - In Iraq And Parts of France"

* "I [heart] Software Piracy"
(complete with Tux in a pirate outfit)

Go to http://www.kuwan.net/scoAntiProtest/index.html To see some of
these SCO posters and signs.

For more information and pictures about the demosntration, go to
http://mirror.lug-nut.com/

Now, if this is really what SCO thinks of the Linux community, I don't
know what to say. There are also other offensive posters in those
pictures, one which suggests Linus Torvalds is like Hitler, and one of
them says Linux is like Communism or Nazism (Note: I am not
Anti-Communism my self).

I didn't think that one company could surprass Microsoft, and become
hacker's most hated company in a couple of months. I think Microsoft
should sue SCO, because they stoled the Evil Corporation(TM) title from
M$.

If only I could sue SCO ;-)

Cheers

--
/* "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a
conservative without changing a single idea."