Re: [linuxiran] GIF Patent Expired

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] GIF Patent Expired
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:24:50 +0300

On Monday 23 June 2003 01:15, Hooman Baradaran wrote:

> P.S. Does anyone know why KMail puts this '--' before my signature? :

By the rule of netiquets, everyone should put a '-- ' before their
signatures, so that everyone can identify the signature easily, and
email programs can identify it too. That is why for example when you
reply to my message, KMail doesn't include my signature, because it
recognizes the '-- ' and dismisses everything after that. Some programs
(Mutt) can be programmed not to show the signature at all. It is for
greater convenience.

So to make your life easier, and to make you not forget to put that -- ,
Kmail automatically puts it for you.

And BTW, it is '-- ' (There is a space after --)

Cheers

--
/* "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a
conservative without changing a single idea."