Re: [linuxiran] My printing problems

From: Abbas Izad
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] My printing problems
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:36:56 +0000

                                  In The Name of Allah
Hi,
I have some problems with printing in my RedHat Linux 8.0, please help me.
1. When I write something Farsi (in English the problem is not obvious) in
KWord in the normal 800x600 mode, in the print preview (and also in the printed paper) there is a little space after every letter. But in the 1024x768 virtual mode (Real mode is 800x600) the letters connect correctly and in the 1280x1024 virtual mode (800x600 real mode) each letter is mixed with the next character.
How can I print correctly in modes other than 1024x768 virtual mode?

I think we need more information, like:
What is your Graphic chipset?
Which X server do you use?
How does printing in 1024x768 looks like? is it OK?
Could you use 1024x768 as your real mode?

this sounds like graphic issue and not related directly to cups server.
You can as well try to upgrade your X server and why not your RedHat to version 9
to see whether this issue remains.

PS: what kind of monitor do you have? vendor and type?

2. When I use the CUPS print server and I want to print in Landscape mode (In KWord), the preview is correct but in the printed paper only the left side of my writings appear and also in the wrong direction. But when I use the LPRng server, I can print landscpae pages correctly. What can I do to print landscape
(horizontal) pages correctly with CUPS?

what do you mean by left side? As if only that part of portrait paper layout prints out? This sounds like setting problem! try to use different setting for cups, start testing in
resolution 1024x768.

3. When I want KWord (I didn't try other programs) to print more than 1 copy of the page, it prints only one paper. How can I print more than one copy of a page?

I will check this when I get home and get back to you later.
this also sound like setting problem!

/Abbas

Thanks,
Hedayat