[linuxiran] My printing problems

From: Hedayat Vatankhah
Subject: [linuxiran] My printing problems
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:31:02 -0700 (PDT)

                                  In The Name of Allah
Hi,
   I have some problems with printing in my RedHat Linux 8.0, please help me.
1. When I write something Farsi (in English the problem is not obvious) in
KWord in the normal 800x600 mode, in the print preview (and also in the printed
paper) there is a little space after every letter. But in the 1024x768 virtual
mode (Real mode is 800x600) the letters connect correctly and in the 1280x1024
virtual mode (800x600 real mode) each letter is mixed with the next character.
How can I print correctly in modes other than 1024x768 virtual mode?

2. When I use the CUPS print server and I want to print in Landscape mode (In
KWord), the preview is correct but in the printed paper only the left side of
my writings appear and also in the wrong direction. But when I use the LPRng
server, I can print landscpae pages correctly. What can I do to print landscape
(horizontal) pages correctly with CUPS?

3. When I want KWord (I didn't try other programs) to print more than 1 copy of
the page, it prints only one paper. How can I print more than one copy of a page?

Thanks,
Hedayat

Do you Yahoo!?