Re: [linuxiran] My printing problems

From: Hedayat Vatankhah
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] My printing problems
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:53:57 -0700 (PDT)

>>                                   In The Name of Allah
>>Hi,
>>    I have some problems with printing in my RedHat Linux 8.0, please help
>>me.
.
.
.
>>How can I print correctly in modes other than 1024x768 virtual mode?

>I think we need more information, like:
>What is your Graphic chipset?
>Which X server do you use?
>How does printing in 1024x768 looks like? is it OK?
>Could you use 1024x768 as your real mode?

 I have a SiS 630 Onboard graphic chipset and I'm using the native
 RedHat Linux 8.0 XFree 4.2 server.
 In 1024x768 (virtual mode) printing is OK.
 I can't have a correct 1024x768 real mode in XFree. (My monitor supports this)

>this sounds like graphic issue and not related directly to cups server.

 I didn't say that I have this problem with cups, I have this problem always
 even in print preview and PDF printed files.

>You can as well try to upgrade your X server and why not your RedHat to
>version 9
>to see whether this issue remains.

 I like to wait for the next RedHat version beacuase my RedHat 8.0 is fresh.

>PS: what kind of monitor do you have? vendor and type?

 My monitor is a AcerView 34TL. (14")

.
.
.
>> What can I do to print landscape (horizontal) pages correctly with CUPS?
>
>what do you mean by left side? As if only that part of portrait paper
>layout prints out?
>This sounds like setting problem! try to use different setting for
>cups,
>start testing in
>resolution 1024x768.

 I wanted to say that cups prints in wrong direction so about half of my page
 doesn't print on the paper.

.
.
.
>> How can I print more than one copy of a page?
>
>I will check this when I get home and get back to you later.
>this also sound like setting problem!

 Which setting? I have this problem only with LPRng print server and not with cups.
 In my lpd.conf file this line exists:

 mc#128

 I couldn't find any other option related to my problem. Can you help me?

>/Abbas

 Thank you,
 Hedayat

Do you Yahoo!?