Re: [linuxiran] Implementing Thin Clients

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Implementing Thin Clients
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 01:51:17 +0200

On Saturday 01 November 2003 09:08, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Thursday 30 October 2003 20:26, Aryan Ameri wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Any info, on how actualy I can build these xterminals, is welcome.
> > Also I would like to see if anyone has ever used a x86 system with
> > 4 CPU and linux on it, in a real way. I want to be asured, that
> > performance wise, such a server is able to service 20 clients.
>
> LTSP used to have PDFed tutorials on how to make a thin client. They
> explain everything you need to know about how to make the cheapest
> thin client possible, also questions about hardware and devices were
> answered. I guess they will still have them on their site.

Well, I checked the website (again) and couldn't fine such info.
There is a great pdf about the TOC advantages of thin clients,  but I
couldn't find info on building them.

Care to search a bit, and see if you can find them? It's rather
important for me.

Cheers

--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a

Aryan Ameri