Re: [linuxiran] Implementing Thin Clients

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Implementing Thin Clients
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:37:41 +0200

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 18:18, Anonynamous Troublemaker wrote:

**************************

> http://www.ibiblio.org/Linux/HOWTO/Diskless-HOWTO.html

**************************

This is what I was looking for.

Thanks.

By the way, today I got the green light to implement the thin client in
a sample lab with five clients. I also got budget to buy and build a
decent server. If every thing goes well, major parts of this university
might be using Linux on both, server, and clients, by feburary.

I had a long argument today, with nearly everyone is the university.
Everybody likes Linux, most have experience with it, but still they
fear it, and don't like leaving all their legacy windows applications.
I didn't force them to do it, I just told them, give me the permission
and budget to setup this linux thing, as a demo. Then, decide for your
self.

Over all, I am betting my reputation on this.

Whish me luck.

--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a

Aryan Ameri