bontz-team

Re: [Bontz-team] sprites

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: Re: [Bontz-team] sprites
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 04:54:15 -0700 (PDT)

I don't really have that information any more than you
do, but I could go through and check each file.  I'd
be more tempted to write a quick SDL app to find the
highest, lowest, leftest and rightest non-transparent
pixel in a given file though.  Does SDL have any tools
for collision detection based on the alpha channel?
That would be ideal, but I can't think of any way it
could do that very quickly, so it wouldn't surprise me
if that functionality isn't there.

Anyway maybe for the sake of learning SDL myself I'll
work up something like that.  Then you could either
have that code run when a sprite is loaded, or run it
as a batch and save to a text file that gets parsed
with those coordinates, whatever you like.  I
personally find the former a cleaner solution, but the
latter would actually give more flexibility if the
"hit range" is smaller during a special move or
something like that...  *shrugs*