bontz-team

Re: [Bontz-team] build targets, text system

From: Chuck Rickard
Subject: Re: [Bontz-team] build targets, text system
Date: 14 Jul 2003 16:53:01 -0500

yes it would probably be based on some flags
i haven't gotten to text systems yet...

would you prefer tiles or text?  i can work on either, but probably not
both at the same time.

i am still thinking on how i want to define a map.  how to place the
tiles, portals/doorways that linke to other maps, placement of objects,
and npc's and so on.

the map needs multiple layers, and probably allow for varying degrees of
elevation of the land, and non-crossable terrain.

any good ideas for that?

ok, it doesn't matter to me, what do you want me to do first?  a text
engine or tiles?  it almost sounds that a text/menu engine may be a bit
easier than tiles