bontz-team

Re: [Bontz-team] character animation - ork

From: Chuck
Subject: Re: [Bontz-team] character animation - ork
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:57:43 -0500

try to weed out the duplicate frames and tell me how to animate it.
look to mucka's animation file...

lets say frame 10 and frame 85 is the same...then delete frame 85 and any
time it is needed use frame 10
ok?

as for a new animation file format, the more you write, the more it sounds i
need to entirely rethink how animations are going to work...so it is in
limbo at the moment.

for now, just make me a animation file similar to muckas so i can put him in
the demo and easily animate him so i can see him.  and please try to weed
out the duplicates.

just so you know what i have been up to, i have been working on another game
at the same time as bontz so please bear with me...hopefully i can learn
things from the other game that will help with bontz.  although the other
game is an online game written in php right now.  the other game is meant to
be a MASSIVE ENORMONGUS Risk or Axis and Allies style game.   with a map of
the whole US broken down to counties and even individual cities.   here is a
map of the US i drew tarkin.mine.nu/multi_state2.png it consists of about
130k data points.  and i have gotten lat's and long's for every county and
even city in the US.  i even have populations for every single one of them!
when this is done it is meant to be a risk style game with an extremly big
and detailed map.  games on it are meant to last a long time, and it is
meant to have many players on a single map.

if you think i am going to slow for you, then you can replace me if you
become too annoyed with me, but i do want to work on bontz as well!