bontz-team

Re: [Bontz-team] character animation - ork

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: Re: [Bontz-team] character animation - ork
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:25:40 -0700 (PDT)

> try to weed out the duplicate frames and tell me how
> to animate it.
> look to mucka's animation file...

Yup, I'll figure out what are dupes and get rid of
them.  I think to save myself some time in the future
I'll even write a cheesy shell script to do a bunch of
fc's and tell me "10=85=90=120, 20=25=30=210" etc

Will the current "info" file method play nice if I
have directories in there, like "s/ork0010.png"?
Anyway we can easily stick to that method for now.

> as for a new animation file format, the more you
> write, the more it sounds i
> need to entirely rethink how animations are going to
> work...so it is in
> limbo at the moment.

Just jumping from one animation to the next won't look
terrible, for the time being anyway.  We can try to
figure out the smooth starts/stops later.

> if you think i am going to slow for you, then you
> can replace me if you
> become too annoyed with me, but i do want to work on
> bontz as well!

Are you nuts?  I can't do this on my own, and I don't
think anyone else is crazy enough to do it.  So you're
still gonna be chief Bontz programmer for the
forseeable future.  I've got tons of graphics and
story stuff to do before I'd ever get irked at lack of
demos or whatever.  In theory we could get a primitive
fish race going very soon, since the tile systems and
stuff don't really need to be done.  There's no fish
monger graphics yet, but if linked animation and
graphics loading systems seem too much for you at the
moment, that's what the minigames are for, right?  :^)