Re: [certi-dev] Question about NextEventRequest Service

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Question about NextEventRequest Service
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 08:47:30 +0100

2010/11/3 Roth, Christoph <address@hidden>:
>> I mean, it **should** be ok, but since the design is very new and
>> there is no other equivalent
>
> What about other commercial RTI implementations (e.g. pRTI). Are they not
> able to cope with the time creep problem until now?

I don't know because I'm not using those :-]
More seriously, AFAIK
time creep problem has been addressed in two major different ways using iether
 optimistic time advancing technique like time warp, or some kind of
Mattern "distributed snapshots",...
The algorithm proposed in CERTI is not optimistic (like time warp) and
is somehow different from Mattern snapshot.
We (Pierre and me) present the CERTI algorithm in more detail some day.

Concerning others,
I don't know which algorithms are implemented in Picth  or MAK or any
other commercial RTI.

That said the best way to go would probably be to test drive several
RTI (Open Source or commercial)
and see how they compare wrt this kind of issue, may be your test case
will help for that.

http://www.april.org