[Chicken-hackers] Darcs nonfatal errors

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Darcs nonfatal errors
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:33:22 -0800

With the new gl-display project I get some errors, when pushing from my system to the main Chicken repository. They are non-fatal but they look tacky.

E:\devel\src\gl-display>darcs pull address@hidden:/home/chicken/g
l-display
plink: unknown option "-O"
darcs644020 | 0 kB | 0.1 kB/s | ETA: 00:00:00 | 100% unable to identify /home/chicken/gl-display/.git/HEAD: no such file or directory

unable to identify /home/chicken/gl-display/_darcs/format: no such file or direc
tory
unable to identify /home/chicken/gl-display/.git/darcs-format: no such file or d
irectory
darcs3d4f0f | 0 kB | 0.1 kB/s | ETA: 00:00:00 | 100%
Pulling from "address@hidden:/home/chicken/gl-display"...

Did I make an error when setting up?  The steps I took:
1) On the Chicken repository, I created a gl-display directory, cd'd into it, then did "darcs initialize". 2) On my own system, I created a gl-display directory, cd'd into it, then did "darcs initialize". 3) On my own system, I created a file brainstorm.txt, added it to my repository, then recorded.
4) I pushed from my repository to the Chicken main repository.

Is this a Darcs version mismatch? The Chicken repository is version 1.0.5. The Darcs on my computer is 1.0.8, the latest greatest stable release. I think it would be prudent to update the Chicken Darcs to 1.0.8, as Darcs has been known to have bugs, and some have surely been fixed by later releases.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every