Re: [Chicken-hackers] install-extension: locations for docs, examples et

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] install-extension: locations for docs, examples etc.
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:41:50 -0700

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 4:05 AM, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
>  If you allow me to say so: chicken-setup needs a rewrite.

In that case I have a couple more ideas:

Take the version number from the svn tag so I don't have to keep
changing the setup file every time.

Maybe the rest of the setup information can come from the meta file:

((egg "dbus.egg")
(compile -s -O2 -d1
        -ldbus-1 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0/ -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include
        dbus.scm)
(install
  (implementation "dbus.so" "dbus.o")
  (exports "dbus.exports")
  (documentation "extra-doc.html" "yet-more-doc.html" from-wiki)
  (examples (list-files "examples/*")) )
(license "MIT")
(category os)
(author "Shawn Rutledge")
(synopsis "A binding for libdbus, the IPC mechanism"))

Documentation from-wiki would imply installing the docs from the wiki
in addition to the others in the list (in the right place), and
(exports ...) would imply adding the compile flags to generate the
exports.