Re: [Chicken-hackers] Request to edit manual Foreign type specifiers

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Request to edit manual Foreign type specifiers
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 04:39:42 -0400 (EDT)

From: Kon Lovett <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 13:33:47 -0700

> Hi Folks,
>
> I would like to edit the "Foreign type specifiers" manual section so
> pointer entries follow the "optional attribute" convention introduced
> by '[nonnull-] c-string*'. I will also add a general note about the
> pointer passing/return #f <-> NULL conversion.
>
> In keeping with the spirit above specifiers like "unsigned-integer"
> will become "[unsigned-] integer".

Sure. It's a bit of a mess, that page, anyway, and help in improving
the manual is always welcome. But one question remains: does chicken-doc
know anything about foreign type specifiers? If not, should it, and what
should be the markup? Would using the "[...]" convention make an existing
or possible future extension of chicken-doc problematic?