Re: [Chicken-hackers] [ANN]: Port Chicken to AIX

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [ANN]: Port Chicken to AIX
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 12:13:50 +0000

Hi Erik,

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 22:42:22 -0600 Erik Falor <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:52:17PM +0000, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
>> Wow, very nice!  Thanks for doing that.
>>
>> The 4.8.2 development snapshot has been released already, so
>> unfortunately we can't add your patch to it.  OTOH, once it hits the
>> master branch it'll be available in the next development snapshots and
>> releases.
>
> That's fine.  I was under the impression that 4.8.2 was going to be a
> precursor to an imminent stable release.

4.8.2 was actually released to prevent bootstrapping problems that could
be caused by the letrec* patch that went into master some days ago, in
case it is used in the core itself.

>> * is the change in tcp.scm necessary?
>
> Yes - the AIX sys/socket.h header file doesn't like being passed an
> unsigned int in the third argument.  I took a cue from the call to
> getpeername() a few lines above the one I changed.  Though as I look
> at it now I missed some parens around the '&len' term...

Ok.  I'm just afraid it can cause breakage on other systems.  For
example:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3531474/socklen-t-undeclared-when-compiling-c-code

Best wishes.
Mario