Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Patch] Fix #1106

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Patch] Fix #1106
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 17:50:59 +0100

* Peter Bex <address@hidden> [140315 13:50]:
> Thank you.  I checked and there's still a small problem with this
> patch: it will always install the entire dependency chain from
> scratch, even if some eggs have already been installed.

Yes, I have been aware of that. I guess this is an uncommon use
case though, since I would expect that development happens as usual
and then to bundle your application you run chicken-install -deploy.

The only downside I see here is that we reuse the usual code path
and recompile, instead of just copying the necessary files over
from the local repository.

So I guess we are on the same page here.

I am not sure whether the current db entries in a chicken repository
are sufficient to extract already installed files and copy them to
the deployment target. I will have to investigate on this. Maybe
someone else here knows more without digging too deep into it?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.