Re: [Chicken-hackers] CR #1142 and upcoming changes

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] CR #1142 and upcoming changes
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:29:27 +0900

 I would think that support for Chicken 2 & 3 should be dropped after a Chicken 5 branch is made.
If anyone desperately needs Chicken 3, would it not be better to migrate the Chicken 3 stuff to another server?
I had also implicitly assumed that the modularisation changes would help bring full R7RS support to core.
Is this not the case? What are the goals for a Chicken 5 release?