Re: [Chicken-hackers] Argvector all the things! (was: Re: "argvector" ch

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Argvector all the things! (was: Re: "argvector" chicken (was: ABI woes))
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 19:33:53 +0200

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 10:45:09AM -0300, Arthur Maciel wrote:
> argvector (4.9.1) chicken-install worked when installing from trunk.

Nice!  By the way, in the meanwhile I have released numbers 4.4, which
includes argvector compatibility.

> About error message: if using PREFIX when make(ing) install, should I also
> use it for bootstrapping?

No, that's not required.

> Now when I try to argvector/bin/csi -s
> numbers/trunk/tests/run.scm I get the following error:
>
> [panic] `##sys#error-hook' is not defined - the `library' unit was probably
> not linked with this executable - execution terminated
>
> Probably it is something I did wrong when bootstrapping and installing.

Hard to tell, from a distance.  But yeah, it's likely that
something went wrong when bootstrapping.  Or perhaps it's
picking the wrong numbers (or "test") library or the wrong
compiler somehow.

The best way to check this is to do a bootstrap from a completely
clean directory into a completely clean PREFIX, and install numbers
from a clean checkout (or, now, just run "chicken-install numbers"
using chicken-install from the argvector CHICKEN).