Re: JNI CNI

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: JNI CNI
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 11:51:31 +1300

"Etienne M. Gagnon" wrote:

> From what I
> remember, it seems possible to rewrite the current implementation of CNI
> to wrap the JNI native interface, instead of the current VM specific
> native interface it wraps.  I personally think that Classpath should not
> move to CNI, unless such an implementation is written.

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that classpath move exclusivly to
CNI - clearly that isn't an option unless a compiler that can compile the
CNI API to the JNI ABI exists.

What is proposed is that both CNI and JNI implementations of the native
parts of certain classes will exist in the classpath tree.

regards

  [ bryce ]